It’s time to celebrate the end of the year. You made it, and now it’s time to express your happiness and usher in the next year with excitement.
Spend your New Year’s Eve in New Smyrna Beach and experience the small-town beach life for yourself during the most celebrated holiday of the year. Below is a guide to what is happening in the city on the evening of Dec 31st, 2017 so you don’t miss a beat.
Where are the Festivities?
Every year, on the corner of Flagler Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, the festivities flourish in New Smyrna Beach.
Fireworks are expected in the area around 9 pm, where you can get a stunning view at Breakers Oceanfront Restaurant or along the beach. Parking is available in a large lot across the street, but it fills up fast.
Restaurants with New Year’s Events and Views of the Fireworks
You may find some excellent New Year’s Eve events at some of the best New Smyrna Beach restaurants.
- Breakers is New Smyrna Beach’s perfect little beachside grill during the day.
- Grille at Riverview boasts an upscale dining option with waterfront views.If you want to escape the beachside crowds, this is the place to be.
- Flagler Tavern is where “surf ‘n’ turf” meets “cocktails” in a 1920s building with warm, period-inspired decor.
- Outriggers is a party restaurant at the New Smyrna Marina.Here, you can get a special view of the fireworks over the marina. The live music from Outriggers sound stage blooms over the Atlantic Ocean, followed by the fireworks display. What better way to celebrate your New Year’s Eve in New Smyrna Beach?
- Chases on the Beach is big, loud, and ready for the holidays.The restaurant really embraces the nearby beach, as the outdoor patio sits right at the top of sandy beaches, with many games and fun happening right outside the building, as facilitated by Chases. There’s always something going on and it is all wonderfully complemented by a pool. Chases on the Beach has several traditional Southern food options, mixing seafood into the equation. Try the Po-Boy sandwiches for the perfect meal to ring in the new year.
This handful of restaurants, along with a few others along Flagler Avenue, are great options for where to celebrate New Year’s Eve, making this the place to be if you are staying in New Smyrna Beach for the holidays or visiting.
It’s the perfect time of year to get some sunshine and warmer weather from some of the colder areas up north. What about families looking for a big view without the loud craziness that New Year’s Eve often brings?
Many beachside New Smyrna Beach vacation rentals get you within walking distance to the beaches near Flagler Avenue where you can drop in and see the fireworks without the nightlife.
A Quick Trip to Daytona Beach
For an alternative to New Smyrna Beach New Year’s events, take a quick drive up to Daytona Beach for the day.
The Main Street Party which takes place on Main Street in Daytona Beach from A1A to Peninsula Drive will erupt with street performers, souvenir shops, and food trucks across the shops near Ocean Walk pavilion.
Music from the Bandshell is expected as well, which is a stage that overlooks the water and sits at the end of the Ocean Walk Shoppes walkway. An illuminated ball drop will ring in the New Year in true style.
The year’s end represents closure, but also a celebration of everything good that happened.
With plenty of New Smyrna Beach New Year’s events along Flagler Avenue, you’ll get an opportunity to celebrate in style and get back to the real world fresh and ready to hit the ground running with all your goals and dreams.